Unit Clerk / Nursing Assistant II - RN Nursing Student Immersion Program - Central Staffing - Full Time - Nights
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Functions as a member of a team, attends the nursing station, patient rooms, and performs clerical and reception the supervision functions. Renders direct patient care services under and delegation of registered nurse. Requisitions supplies, equipment and services as directed.
- Compiles charts upon admission, answers questions of patients and families. Ensures all patient charts are in the appropriate order, files charts as necessary, obtains signatures as necessary, breaks down charts when required.
- Acts as a liaison with patient and families. Orients new patients to their room. Ensures patients comforts.
- Observes and reports changes and unusual occurrences to others on the team.
- Schedules patients for testing, charges as appropriate, performs order entry, and coordinates bed control under the direction of the care coordinator.
- Stocks and maintains unit supply par levels. Maintain patient room tidiness.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the patient and family, expresses interest in their comfort, privacy and needs. Provides for the patient needs for assistance in the activities of daily living as necessary. (such as linen changes, bathing, oral care, assist with meal set-up/feed and removal of patient trays)
- Performs duties of other team members within the scope of education, training and experience, as required.
- Assists in moving and transporting patients as required.
- Answer patient call lights.
- Performs assigned aspects of therapeutic patient care under the supervision, delegation and direction of the RN.
- Performs a variety of bedside care functions, including but not limited to acquiring daily weights per unit practice, shift I&Os, vital signs, 12 Lead EKG’s and blood sugar checks.</li>
- Documents care given and/or procedures performed as well as patient response to care in a timely fashion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Completion of 2 semesters of clinicals in a ADN or BSN Nursing Program. Must be in your off semester of school to participate.
Years of Experience: N/A
Certification: Must have CPR certification upon start of hire date.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.