Social Worker - Pediatric Endocrine and Diabetes Care - Full Time - Days
Responsible for direct social work intervention to patients to facilitate their understanding and resolution of problems related to environmental stress, physical illness and interpersonal conflicts that may impede treatment and recovery. Coordinates with the interdisciplinary care team to provide holistic family-centered care for patients and families across treatment settings.
- Assesses and identifies the patient’s and family’s psychosocial needs by reviewing the medical record, interviewing the patient and/or family, and consulting with members of the patient’s care team.
- Develops the psychosocial aspects of the plan of care by specifying services to be rendered based on assessed needs; plans and implements the plan in compliance with third party regulators and ProMedica policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Facilitates the patient and/or family adaptation and adjustment to illness and its impact on the home situation by providing therapeutic interventions such as crisis counseling, anticipatory guidance, and conflict resolution. Goal-oriented interventions are directed toward chronic disease management, reaction/adjustment to illness, strengthening family/support system, conflict resolution related to illness, and other services that act to alleviate imposed environmental stressors on the patient and/or family.
- Assists patient and family in establishing advanced directive/care decisions, maintaining the patient’s dignity and supporting the patient’s unique spiritual and cultural beliefs.
- Documents problems, psychosocial assessment, appropriate goals, care provided, interventions, and patient, family and caregiver response to each intervention.
- Provides appropriate information and educational materials for patients and family.
- Collaborates with and refers questions to other health team members.
- Identifies available community resources and makes appropriate referrals.
- Demonstrates organization and flexibility in patient care assignments to adequately perform the job functions and satisfy the needs of the patients.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
- Skills: Must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment toward achieving customer/patient satisfaction.
- Certification: State required certification and/or registration for position, in addition to required licensure and certification in field of study. Current CPR certification required.
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquiries. Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in a fast paced environment.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.