Social Worker II - Peds Specialty Ambulatory - Per Diem - Days
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being. And we at ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children's Hospital take that pledge very seriously. We are a 151-bed facility that caters to the hospitalization needs of children and adolescents. In fact, we are the region's only hospital exclusively for children accredited by the Joint Commission. We offer a 60-bed newborn intensive care unit that has individual patient rooms designed to mimic the sheltered environment of a mother's womb. We also care for pediatric cancer patients in our state-of-the-art - yet fun and whimsical - Debbie Brass Children's Cancer Center. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
The Social Worker provides a wide array of social work services to patients and families to promote understanding and resolution of problems related to chronic disease, environmental stress, physical illness, interpersonal conflicts and other psychosocial issues. A primary role for this position will include psychosocial support focusing on holistic needs of patients with Muscular Dystrophy and their families.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interviews patients, relatives and other to assess their personal and social adjustment and determine necessary social intervention.
- Counsels patient/families to enhance their understanding and acceptance of personal and situational problems; helps them to change maladaptive patterns of behavior, and make decisions about problems resulting from illness or disability.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team, sharing social information for comprehensive medical and social care planning, referral to appropriate resources and community agencies for counseling, home health care, rehabilitation, treatment and discharge planning including supplies and insurance concerns for patients and families.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work required, Master's preferred
- Must have LSW or LISW in the State of Ohio
- Must have a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience
- Prior experience working with Muscular Dystrophy or other chronic disease
- Experience in a medical or other multi-disciplinary agency
- Prior experience in healthcare, behavioral health setting or community setting preferred
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.