SLP / Speech Pathologist - Acute/Inpatient - Per Diem - Days
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Develops and administers speech-language treatment programs to facilitate rehabilitation of communication, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders to maximize function and independence. Works collaboratively with patient, family members, and other team members to design treatment strategies to foster communication and function.
- Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric).
- Demonstrates competence, awareness and sensitivity of the physical, emotional and socio-psychological needs of infants through geriatics.
- Conducts communication, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing evaluations within the established time frame. Demonstrates skill in appropriate selection, administration and interpretation of standardized and non-standardized assessments using age specific criteria for each age population served.
- Develops and implements treatment plan according to a valid prescription and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Establishes a plan of care for each patient including mutually established goals, taking into account patient age and educational level. Progress toward goals will be documented and reported to the physician per departmental and applicable regulatory policy.
- Prepares and maintains accurate patient care records according to departmental protocols and demonstrate basic competency for completing accurate billing and electronic documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to utilize departmental equipment safely and appropriately for patient care activities.
Education: Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
License: Current License as Speech-Language Pathologist in State of practice
Certification: Certificate of Clinical Competence from the America Speech-Language-Hearing Association, CPR
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit health and well-being organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 49,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,500+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 1,000+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.