SLP / Speech Language Pathologist - Springfield Schools - Full Time - Days
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Develops and administers speech-language treatment programs to assist patients with communication, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders in reaching their optimal level of function and independence. Works collaboratively with patient, family members and other team members to design treatment strategies to foster communications and function.
- Performs appropriate communication, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing evaluations within the established time frame, including appropriate selection, administration and interpretation of standardized and non-standardize assessments using age specific criteria for each age population served, as measured by clinical competencies
- Collaborates with patient/family to establish and provide appropriate treatment plan and goals. Adapts treatment plan as needed to meet the needs of the patient taking into account age and educational level, as measured by competencies.
- Maintains patient care records according to department protocols
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to advocate, communicate and educate patients of all age groups served including those with physical, emotional, language and cognitive impairments, taking into account age and educational level, as measured by competencies.
- Consistently conducts self in a professional manner. Participates in continuing education activities and shares information with staff
- May assist in supervision of students, CFY's, and volunteers
- Maintains productivity as established by department
- May participate in program development, identifying performance improvement opportunities, and implementing performance improvement plans
- Performs other duties as directed.
Education: Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
License: Certification/Licensure: Ohio and/or Michigan License to practice Speech-Language Pathology, Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Certification: CPR certification according to hospital policy
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.