Senior Tax Analyst - Corporate Tax
The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for accumulation and analysis of data in conjunction with the preparation of tax and information compliance requirements. Assists with tax audits and planning projects. Initial review responsibility for a variety of tasks as needed. Researches and interprets federal, state, and local tax laws and assists with decision making where statutes are not clear.
- Analyzes system financial data for the purposes of determining book/tax differences, taxable income, compliant IRS Form 990 financial reporting and 990-T calculations. Assists with review of various adjustments and work papers prepared by others.
- Prepares compliant tax returns and information reports by researching tax law and financial records to obtain appropriate information. Documents all returns in a manner which withstands IRS and various jurisdictions scrutiny and meets best practices of documentation standards. Such standards will be developed at the System level and applied universally.
- Processes tax returns including but not limited to IRS forms 1065, 1120, 990, 990-T, 720 and 4720 in tax software.
- Researches and interprets tax law, providing executive summary information sufficient for use by decision makers. Builds a fact-based argument and reasonable conclusions supported with accurate basis in tax law or other basis deemed appropriate. Calculates financial exposure should decisions be challenged.
- Assists with tax planning projects such as acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations, dispositions, spinoffs, joint ventures, restructuring, financings, partnerships, limited liability companies and other strategic alliances.
- Uses critical thinking to investigate and anticipate possible tax and reporting requirements throughout the company.
- Attends and participates in scheduled in-service programs and staff meetings
- Other job duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master's preferred.
- Skills: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, with an emphasis of Excel. Previous hospital or healthcare experience preferred.
- Years of Experience: 5-7
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.