Scheduler - Vascular - Toledo - Full Time
Schedules all patient appointments for outpatient and inpatient testing, specialists, etc.
- Schedules patient’s outpatient/inpatient testing appointments, surgeries, and procedures with hospital as requested by the physician. Provides patient with complete instructions for test preparation along with directions to facility, time and date of appointment. Ensures that patients are referred to a facility approved by their insurance carrier.
- Obtains the necessary approvals for patient referrals for, emergency room care, hospital admissions, physical therapy, etc.; working with the various insurance companies.
- May maintain a log on all outpatient tests scheduled. Informs physician of patients not having tests done as scheduled.
- Documents information accurately, promptly and legibly, utilizing patient charts/forms, practice management system and/or EMR software system, as needed.
- Sends physicians their schedules for the next day/weekend via email and/or fax.
- Takes calls from hospitals and sends pages to the physicians as needed
- Distributes office mail on a daily basis
- Distributes office faxes on a daily basis to the appropriate staff members.
- Participates in practice staff meetings and other duties as assigned
- Education: High school graduate or its equivalent
- Skills: Requires working knowledge of medical terminology, third-party billing and referral procedures. Must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment towards achieving customer satisfaction.
- Years of Experience: 2 years previous healthcare experience
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgement in a fast paced environment.
- Personal Protective Equipment: As required by policy
- Physical Demands: Must be able to occasionally push or lift light equipment and supplies.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.