RN / Registered Nurse - CHS Women's - Toledo - Full Time
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Scope of Service: The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities</p>
• Complies with nursing process.
• Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a professional manner.
• Performs basic nursing skills competently.
• Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue corrective action.
• Engages in the changing environment and is open to new ideas.
• Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested or when the need is obvious.
• Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of the healthcare team including patients.
• Responsible for continued professional growth and development and competency.
• Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and healthcare record.
• Current State license as a Registered Nurse.
• Current CPR training.
• Specialty certifications as required.
• BSN preferred.
• The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1 hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio nurse practice code and rules.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE.
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling equipment.
• Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids.
• Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate).
• Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing. **
• Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment. **
• Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling. **
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.