RN Clinical Liaison - Home Care - Full time - Days
Serves as a liaison and resource to discharge planning, care navigators, and other providers regarding patient care continuity needs appropriate to home care. Responsible for developing relationships with referral sources including hospital discharge planners, facility social workers and physician office staff. Facilitate referrals to home care services that promotes a safe and smooth transition home from facility/hospital settings or upon referral from the physician office. As a member of the Home Care team, provides coordination of care across health care settings in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients referred for home care.
- Acts as a liaison and resource to discharge planning, care navigators and other providers to facilitate the flow of communication of patient information between referral sources and central intake office. Able to access information using the ECIN system following agency processes and procedures.
- Meets with patients in facilities upon notification of home care referral to coordinate needed home care services, DME, infusion supplies, etc. as needed.
- Identify the necessary demographic and service related data. Reviews community referral form for accuracy and clarification of ordered services as needed. Establishes primary physician prior to referral acceptance.
- Provides resource to other providers caring for patients with home care, hospice and end of life needs to better identify need for services accurately and timely.
- As a member of the Home Care/ Hospice team, provides nursing assessment, planning and coordination of care across health care settings in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients referred for home care/hospice.
- Provides high standard of holistic care encompassing physical, psychological, and spiritual care utilizing the nursing process
- Promotes effective communication with other services involved in patient and family care.
- Supports other members of the Home Care/Hospice team with plans to improve symptom management and address quality of life concerns.
- Participates in planning for post-acute care.
- Demonstrates respect for patient views and values at end of life.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately to all customers. Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Introduces self to customers and elicits information in pleasant and reassuring manner.
- Responds to inquiries appropriately.
- Adheres to policy on professional appearance.
- Is courteous and professional in all interactions
- Provides leadership in the community. Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of ProMedica Home Care and Hospice as a high quality provider of services in all care settings.
- Demonstrates organizational skills to effectively manage referrals.
- Re-organizes/prioritizes as dictated by changing situation, demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changes of pace.
- Plans and organizes time to complete work.
- Provides direct care to patients and families as needed to support the home care team, acting in the Case Manager role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Ohio and Michigan. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Requires minimum of 1 year recent acute care or home care experience. Critical care, hospice care, or home care clinical experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, organization and problem solving abilities.
- Strong customer service and team orientation essential.
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries.
- Must be willing to work with computerized documentation system.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.