PT / Physical Therapist - Neuro Rehab - Full Time - Days
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Develops and administers physical therapy treatment programs to facilitate rehabilitation of physically disabled patients and to maximize function and independence. Directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce and enhance performance. Facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity.
1. Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric).
2. Demonstrates competence, awareness and sensitivity of the physical, emotional and sociopsychological needs of infants through geriatrics.
3. Conducts physical therapy evaluations. Demonstrates skill in appropriate selection, administration and interpretation of standardized and non-standardized assessments using age specific criteria for each age population served.
4. Develops and implements a physical therapy treatment plan according to a valid prescription and in accordance with policies and procedures.
5. Establishes a plan of care for each patient including mutually established goals, taking into account patient age and educational level. Progress toward goals will be documented and reported to the physician per departmental and applicable regulatory policy.
6. Prepares and maintains accurate patient care records according to departmental protocols and demonstrate basic competency for completing accurate billing and electronic documentation.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and skill to utilize departmental equipment safely and appropriately for patient care activities.
8. Maintains clean and safe work environment to comply with hospital and department safety standards
9. Demonstrates professionalism in clinical practice. Understands and abides by ProMedica’s mission and values in all interactions with patients, visitors and co-workers.
10. Demonstrates knowledge and ability to advocate, communicate and educate patients of all age groups served including those with physical, emotional, language and cognitive impairments, taking into account age and educational level, as measured by competencies.
11. Provides oversight and mentoring for PTA’s, students and volunteers.
12. Participates in program development, performance improvement projects and other committees as assigned.
13. Manages and maintains productivity standards as established by the department.
14. Provides physical therapy in a variety of clinical settings and may be required to travel between ProMedica locations.
15. Performs other duties as directed
Education: Bachelor, Master or Doctorate in Physical Therapy
Skills: Must know and utilize theories of physical medicine.
License: Current PT License in State of practice
Personal Protective Equipment: As required
Majority of time spent standing, bending, and doing patient care treatments.
Possess physical ability and condition to handle patients correctly and safely.
Be able to handle standard equipment that is in a physical therapy department.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.