Pre Analytic Tech - Anatomic Pathology - Full Time - Afternoons
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Pre-Analytic Technicians will determine from samples, the combination of tests and the associated acceptable minimum volumes. They will have a knowledge of pre-analytic variables that could affect specimen analysis. The techs will comply with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies. They will assist in training and orientation of new employees. The techs will follow standard precautions and maintain effective communication with internal and external customers. They will stock and clean work areas, while completing and logging routine maintenance on lab equipment and work stations. They will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or specialty.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate's Degree in a science related field is preferred
- Must be able to continuously move about department and between workstations
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens, blood and body fluids, odorous chemicals, carcinogens, mutagens, low level radiation, electrical hazards and flammable liquids
- Must be able to differentiate between colors
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer
- Must be able to move, lift, or carry materials or equipment weighing up to 50lbs up to 10% of the time
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.