Patient Service Coordinator - Arrowhead Peds - Full Time
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region’s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
Key member of a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the office setting. Performs at or above the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in clinical and non-clinical settings. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms, EHR work queues and applications to provide and support best practices/protocols, value based care, supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the Core Values of ProMedica.
- Immediately greets patients and visitors as they make contact with the practice.
- Registers new patients and verifies patient demographics and insurance information on existing patients as they arrive for their appointment.
- Answers and/or triages patient telephone calls, records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from the provider, office manager, nurses, etc. when appropriate.
- Coordinates the scheduling of patient appointments following the appropriate processes and procedures.
- Reschedules patients for follow up as requested by providers.
- Collects the appropriate co-payment, deductible or visit fee; as well as, outstanding balances when appropriate.
- Provides excellent patient service by documenting information accurately, promptly and legibly in order to meet regulatory requirements and practice standards. Utilizes medical charts, forms, practice management systems and all forms of electronic communication efficiently.
- Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and co-workers at all times. Supports internal and external customers, to maintain a superior customer experience across the continuum of care through teamwork.
- Maintains the provider schedule to meet customer service, access, and productivity standards of the office.
- Assists clinical staff and/or providers with outgoing phone calls to patients, pharmacies, or other providers as appropriate.
- Participates in practice staff meetings
- May function as a Medical Scribe. Must follow System Policy SP17-14 while functioning in this role.
- Accurately completes and submits the daily charge and payment reconciliation process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or its equivalent.
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquires.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction.
- General computer and typing proficiency.
- Independent judgment and excellent interpersonal skills requiring minimal supervision and guidance.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service or clerical setting.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.