Patient Registration Specialist - Admitting Office - Part Time - Days
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
The Patient Registration Specialist registers patients to receive medical services in a clinic, laboratory, outpatient, inpatient, or emergency services and is clerical in nature. The candidate will be obtaining demographic information, validating insurance, and receiving payment. They typically answer and/or refer questions received from patients, visitors, and staff as appropriate. The patient registration specialist is the first point of contact for patients entering the facility allowing them a special opportunity to use their personalities to serve the patients and the community. An ideal candidate will have great customer service as well as communication skills and the ability to service patients with clarity. This position is crucial in being able to think and respond quickly as lives depend on the actions the registration specialist takes! This is a great position for those who excel and enjoy organization and interaction with people. The registration specialist plays a vital role in the registration process for patients and their families.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Type accuracy of 85%.
- Experience with a computer database program preferred.
- Previous experience in registration, credit/collection or billing, in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately and independently solve problems.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to interact with patients and guarantors to explain payment and billing policies and persuade patients to settle account balances.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers internally and externally while demonstrating ProMedica’s values of compassion, innovation, teamwork, and excellence.
- Ability to move about and between workstations.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Input and retrieve information from computer.
- Must be able to complete 4-5 weeks of full time training, Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.