Office Assistant - Neurology Toledo - Full Time
Responsible for supporting the office manager and/or director in all day-to-day operational activities within the practice. Facilitates a team effort, creates a team-like attitude and approach to practice functions and operations.
- Maintains daily schedules and correspondence for others, including physician(s) and office manager. Enter changes on the appropriate schedule, template and post. Send change notifications.
- Assists with the purchasing functions for the office(s), including entering purchase orders into Lawson, receiving items in desktop application, and working with corporate purchasing and accounts payable on any follow up required.
- Supports new employee orientation to include coordinating training as needed. May be asked to personally support follow up training if required.
- Will be the liaison for management to respond to routine inquiries. When the office manager is not available, may initiate contact to the operations director to handle inquiries.
- Provide feedback to management regarding employee performance on a regular basis to assist in evaluations or performance management.
- Supports special projects as identified by the office manager and/or operations director.
- Based on the staffing needs of the practice, may be required to perform some or all of the typical duties of a Medical Assistant, Patient Service Coordinator, Check In/Out Clerk, or any other position that requires additional assistance.
- Attends all meetings scheduled by management.
- Additional responsibilities/duties will be assigned based on team work load and competency.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of documented experience in health care or physician office environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with both clinical and clerical staff.
- Must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment toward achieving customer/patient satisfaction.
- Have strong organizations skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal and telephone/electronic messaging etiquette skills.
- Have the ability to manage large volumes of work, ability to quickly learn and retain information regarding issues that present themselves
- Personal Protective Equipment: Exposure to expected hospital conditions.
- Physical Demands: Frequent sitting and computer use.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.