.NET Developer II - Paramount ITS - Remote
ProMedica’s health plan, Paramount Insurance, offers health insurance products across six Midwest states. Paramount is an Ohio-based health insurance company, headquartered in Toledo. The organization has more than 800 employees dedicated to serving their health plan members.
Paramount offers Medicare Advantage and Marketplace Exchange health plans for individuals and families. Paramount maintains accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for their HMO and Medicare Advantage products.
In addition, Paramount has a full complement of insurance products for employers of any size, including medical, dental, vision and workers’ compensation, as well as vocational rehabilitation, life-care planning and wellness.
As a part of ProMedica, Paramount is driven by ProMedica’s mission to improve your health and well-being. ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. Paramount strives to provide an exceptional experience to every member. For more information about Paramount, please visit our website. http://www.paramounthealthcare.com.
The Developer II Contributes to design/development of client, server, and web-based applications, utilizing development tools to efficiently and effectively code, test and implement solutions according to specifications and standards. Independently designs/develops client, server, and web-based applications, utilizing development tools to efficiently and effectively code, test and implement solutions according to specifications and standards. Serve as mentor to less experienced IT staff, providing assistance when required and reviewing their work as directed.
This developer will be working on our public facing Member and Provider portal. Developing integrations with third party vendors, supporting the data layer and managing the user interface.
- Using development tools and structured programming techniques, efficiently code, test and implement automated solutions adhering to specifications and standards.
- Develop comprehensive release plans, including test plans to ensure developed code is a high quality solution.
- Provide and maintain appropriate written documentation, including configuration and change records, for all applications developed, modified, and supported.
- Interact with customers to effectively gather requirements/specifications, and generate documentation as needed to ensure user expectations are met.
- Participate in analysis, application/system design, and enterprise application integration, generating specifications and prototypes as needed.
- Transfers knowledge and/or trains IT employees and end-users in the operation of their information systems.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of assigned development tools and emerging hardware/software/storage technologies. Also serves as a “technical expert” for other IS staff.
- Responds to and resolves assigned support calls. Investigates, resolves, and documents incidents and problems on a timely basis. Analyzes post-resolution customer satisfaction.
- Provides support for on-site and off hour availability on 7/24 hour basis as defined by the needs of the customer and/or technology.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information technology, business or related field.
- Progressive knowledge of and experience with legacy and emerging technology, such as: development tools, database systems, web tools, client-server, automated testing platforms, and object-oriented skills required
- Task management and problem solving skills required
- Project leadership experience desired.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of health care operations is preferred.
- Must be able to move about facilities and between workstations
- Must be able to occasionally move, lift and/or carry medium weight objects and materials.
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquires; requires effective self-motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer
- Must maintain knowledge of current information technology and healthcare trends.
- Attends regular customer and team department meetings as scheduled.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.