MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II - Bio Chemical Pathology - Full Time - Nights
Medical technologists, also known as clinical laboratory technologists, perform routine and complex analytical procedures, recognize deviations and provide interpretation following established standards and practices. These highly trained professionals use sophisticated procedures and equipment, collaborating with nurses, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Functioning as a team member within a patient-centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the practice setting. Able to navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications proficiently and effectively. Renders direct patient care services under supervision, demonstrating ProMedica’s values to the patient.
- Achiever 10
- Relationship expertise 9
- Independent 9
- Problem solver 9
- Quick thinking 9
- Focused 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes deviations and provides interpretation following established standards and practices, under minimal supervision.
- Operates instruments and performs procedures within scope of training, utilizing established protocols. Performs scheduled maintenance procedures. Recognizes equipment malfunctions and acts according to established protocols.
- Performs, records, and maintains accurate quality control records. Recognizes out of control results and takes appropriate actions.
- Answers inquiries regarding results and factors affecting results. Interacts with health care team, maintaining patient confidentiality. Acts as a liaison and fosters effective communication between laboratory and health care team.
- Performs routine inquiry and data input on the laboratory computer system.
- Instructs new employees and students as required. Presents educational information to employees as requested.
- Processes biological specimens for analysis following established procedures. Evaluates and solves problems related to specimen collection and processing
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control. Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies by attending mandatory in-services and continuing laboratory education and participating in continuous quality improvement. Maintains and upgrades personal development.
- Drafts and review procedures. Participate in new method evaluation as requested
- Acts as a team leader as assigned, by establishing and completing objectives. May direct the scheduling and completion of all activities. May instruct, assign work and provide guidance to co-workers in the absence of supervisory personnel.
- Performs other duties as directed.
MT Education/Certification Requirements
MLT Education/Certification Requirements
MLT and MT Overall Requirements
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
What I like the most about being a Medical Technologist is the fact that you have continuous mental stimulation since you never know what will come your way every day. The nice part of being in the ProMedica network is that if questions arise, there are many resources to look to for answers, you're never alone with a problem. - Frances
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.