Investigator-Initiated Research Project Coordinator- Sponsored Research
Investigator-Initiated Research Project Coordinator works in conjunction with the principal investigator, the project coordinator is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and coordinating investigator-initiated research project according to institutional policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities to track and actively contribute to the research requirements of the department, including those required for any certification.
- Designs and writes protocols; performs literature reviews, cerates methods and develops protocol with input from investigator(s).
- Performs project feasibility assessment including resource allocation and forecasting financial impact of the research protocol
- Develops protocol-related materials for project implementation (case report forms, regulatory documents, advertisements, source documents).
- Monitors and completes institutional administrative requirements for investigator-initiated or sponsored research projects by working with the ProMedica Health System Institutional Review Board, Department of Sponsored Research, Department of Grants and Research, Trauma Department and Academic Health Center as necessary.
- Works closely with research-related personnel and department staff to develop and implement study protocols.
- When necessary, collaborates with the Department of Grants and Research to develop grant requests and submit funding proposals.
- Works with grants department in preparing grant requests to support research.
- Interacts with multidisciplinary teals such as Pharmacy, Radiology, Trauma, etc. to ensure smooth conduct of research.
- Identifies, screens, consents and enrolls study subjects. Coordinators appropriate testing and follow-up per protocol
- Abstracts data from electronic medical record, from patients/families through interview and from tests/procedures and standardized outcome tools.
- Organizes and maintains data in computerized, study-specific database format.
- Works with principal investigator to analyze the data.
- Prepares abstracts and draft manuscripts as needed for publication/presentation to local, regional and national conferences. Assists in preparation of submission and authorship designation for reports and publications if applicable.
- Other duties as required (such as; perform quarterly audit of quality and institutional registries/databases for quality assurance purposes, attend quality/departmental meetings specific to area of work, supervise student interns in investigator-initiated research projects.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in research design or medical-related field (Masters degree in related health field preferred).
- Must have proven ability to design and implement retrospective and prospective clinical research studies.
- Minimum of 3 years of research experience and excellent writing/protocol development skills.
- Must have proven project management experience and be able to develop and meet project timelines.
- Knowledge with computerized literature searching, operation of computerized databases and statistical analysis.
- Must be able to move about and between hospitals, providing own transportation.
- Must be able to understand directions and communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective communication skills.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.