Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Part Time - Afternoons
Our Environmental Services (EVS) Technicians are responsible for executing the daily duties required to establish and maintain a safe, hygienic, and aesthetically pleasing care environment. While executing the assigned tasks, the EVS Tech will have contact with patients, visitors, and clinical and non-clinical staff. Great customer service and a friendly can-do attitude will ensure your success. Our techs are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and safety of patient rooms and common areas throughout the hospital within the basic principles of environmental hygiene and infection prevention. The EVS Technician, in accordance with organizational standards of quality, is an essential contributor to cleaning, disinfection, infection prevention, and a positive patient experience.
As an Environmental Services Specialist, we will rely on you to help us clean and prepare areas to maintain clean and sanitary conditions for guests, patients, and your fellow ProMedica staff members.
- Detail oriented 10
- Hard working 9
- Relationship expertise 9
- Adaptable 9
- Enthusiastic 9
- Helpful 8
Additional success profiles:
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
As a Housekeeper, you will clean and prepare areas in order to maintain clean and sanitary conditions for guest, patient, and staff occupancy. Provide general cleaning and services to patient rooms, rest rooms, nurses’ stations, corridors, conference rooms, utility rooms, treatment areas, kitchens, solariums, offices, lobbies, lounges, stairwells and waiting rooms.
With this position, some additional duties include:
- Cleans and makes unoccupied beds
- Cleans and services patient rooms after receiving discharge notification. Prepares patient unit for new admission
- Notifies appropriate staff of room/bed readiness
- Performs other duties as directed
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to move about the hospital and between workstations.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to inquiries.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives, carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, chemicals, and sewage.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium weight equipment furniture, etc, and occasionally move, lift or carry very heavy weight equipment or furniture etc.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood.
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. Must be able to move and/or lift material and dirty rags weighing up to 10 lbs., 70% of the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of the time; and move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the time.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment email@example.com/gender (including pregnancy), . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I love what I do.
I love interacting with staff/co-workers/patients.
I enjoy that our job duties really make an impact on peoples’ lives. ~Scott
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.