Histology Technician - Anatomic Pathology - Full Time - Days
Performs assigned routine histological procedures on tissue specimens to provide data on functioning of tissue, and the cause and/or progress of disease under supervision of histology technologist.
- Performs all routine tissue and/or frozen section preparation including routine cutting, embedding, slide preparation and staining using established departmental policies and procedures.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and notifies histology technologist. Maintains instrumentation/equipment.
- Performs quality control procedures established in the laboratory.
- Performs routine computer data report and inquiry.
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Assists with collection of FNA’s as needed.
- Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies by attending mandatory in-services and continuing laboratory education and participating in continuous quality
- Maintains and upgrades personal professional development.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Prefer an Associate’s degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science. Requires verification of current continuing education.
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries. Requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens, odorous chemicals, carcinogens mutagens, low level radiation, electrical hazards and flammable liquids.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
- Must be able to occasionally move, lift and/or carry lightweight materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds up to 5% of the time
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.