Epic Training Supervisor - IT - Remote
The ITS Epic Outpatient Training Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision and coordination of the Epic Outpatient Training Team. In this role, the supervisor is the primary resource for their Epic Training team and coordinates activities with other teams and project managers. The ITS Epic Training Supervisor ensures their team is accountable for completing assignments on time, within budget and with a high degree of quality. The Epic Training Supervisor acts as a primary technical expert and resource for their team.
- Responsible for training, evaluating, motivating and disciplining of staff. Assists with hiring and promoting. Resolves problems relating to staff, morale, and work methods. Initiates recommendations.
- Provides guidance to staff for skill development in project management, technical competencies, departmental standards and procedures, including regulatory and compliance requirements. Ensures team adherence in these areas.
- Prepares, assigns and coordinates team work assignments and tracks progress towards those assignments. Reports achievements and concerns to management as appropriate.
- Coordinates, ensures proper documentation and signoff, and acts as first level approval for all change tickets initiated from their team.
- Partners and collaborates with internal/external customers and vendors to determine ITS needs.
- Proactively identifies process and technical improvements that will minimize incidents and disruptions, reduce costs, and improve capacity and availability.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT and healthcare trends. Recommends and supports ProMedica and ITS strategic initiatives.
- Provides support for on-site and off hour availability on 7X24 hour basis as defined by the needs of the customer and/or technology. Manages the investigation, documentation and resolution of incidents and problems within their designated areas of responsibility. Performs root cause analysis and plans remediation steps for identified problems.
- Maintains effective communication channels with business unit and department peers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in an information technology related curriculum, or equivalent work experience. Requires at least five (5) years’ experience in technical support or development of computer systems. Supervisory experience is preferred. Knowledge of healthcare operations is preferred.
- Epic Training experience required.
- Epic Certification in one of the Outpatient applications preferred, or willing to acquire.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours to support training schedules and go live support.
- Must be able to move about facility and between workstations.
- Must be able to understand directions and communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong communication, analytical, problem solving, project management, and vendor management skills.
- Must be able to input and retrieve computer information.
- Must be able to occasionally move, lift and/or carry heavy objects and materials
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.