EMT Basic - PTN - Mobile ICU - Full Time - Nights
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Operates and maintains PTN vehicles in a safe and ready condition. Provides safe, quality care to clients during non-emergency transports.
- Supports and adheres to the State of Ohio, Michigan, ProMedica Health System and ProMedica Transportation Network policies and procedures.
- Maintain PTN vehicles in a constant state of readiness and cleanliness. Document checks of PTN vehicles and equipment every shift.
- Practices within their scope of practice as defined by the appropriate State certification and shall be accountable for their actions.
- Provide a safe, therapeutic and efficient patient care environment through collaboration with other disciplines.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Must be a certified EMT-B in the state of Ohio. Michigan licensure must be obtained within 30 days of hire. Must be CPR certified. Must maintain a good driving record as required by PTN and PHS. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must interact well with people and be flexible in assuming a variety of tasks in a hospital and pre-hospital setting.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions away from the controlled hospital environment.
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent public relations skills.
- Must be able to maintain composure and utilize tact in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to bloodborne pathogens and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to odors such as diesel, jet fuel, and truck/aircraft engine exhaust.
- Must be able to tolerate working in environment of extreme heat, cold or weather changes.
- Meet physical agility requirements.
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients and/or heavy equipment and materials.
- Must be able to remain functional in a moving vehicle and aircraft.
- Must be able to read maps and follow directions.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment firstname.lastname@example.org/gender (including pregnancy), . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.