Coding Coordinator - ProMedica Senior Care - REMOTE
Responsible for CPT and ICD-10 coding for evaluation and management of all submitted clinical documentation using current coding classifications and guidelines. Responsible for review of clinical documentation for all required billing information. Communicates documentation issues to Lead Coding Coordinator.
1.Accurately and timely assigns appropriate diagnosis codes in accordance to current coding classification system to clinic records.
2.Accurately performs audits of CPT coding based on current CPT requirements in accordance with the current compliance plan.
3.Assigns appropriate modifiers on CPT codes per National Correct Coding Initiatives
4.Identifies coding errors and provides report to Compliance Manager
5.Fulfills form requests on day of request
6.Identify problem patterns and communicate documentation issues to the Compliance Manager
7.Performs any miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
1. Education: High School Diploma required. Certification by an accredited organization required. CPC,CCS required
2. Experience: Previous experience in business office operations, preferred.
3. Physical Demands: Lifting 10 lb. Frequently and occasionally lifting 50 lb. Max.; climbing, balancing, stooping kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, tasting, smelling, near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color vision.
4. Travel: N/A
5. Working Conditions: Inside
6. Principal Contacts: Compliance Manager, business office staff, clinicians.
7. General Requirements: Must be capable to execute all terms and conditions set forth in the ProMedica Senior Care Employee Handbook, including but not limited to:
a)Works in a safety conscious manner which insures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose a risk to others in the workplace.
b)Complies with company policies and procedures, and local, state, and, federal regulations.
c)Adheres to policy on Drug Free Workplace.
d)Interacts in a tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, effective and caring environment which insures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of others.
e)Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to standard of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.