Coder 2 - HIM Revenue Cycle
Appropriately assigns diagnosis and procedure codes (ICD-9/10 and CPT) on all outpatient accounts, including outpatient surgery and observation accounts. Abstracts required data into the hospitals’ information systems. Meets the required productivity and quality standards. Engages in physician/provider communication for the resolution of coding issues.
- Accurately assigns ICD-9/10 and CPT codes on outpatient accounts, including outpatient surgery and observation accounts.
- Consistently follows and applies the approved coding guidelines to ensure coding, billing and reimbursement accuracy.
- Checks medical necessity on Medicare accounts, per written guidelines.
- Accurately abstracts required data into the hospital information system.
- Works the missing documentation and recode lists in order to maintain timeliness of accounts receivable/billing.
- Engages in written or verbal physician/provider communication for the resolution of coding issues.
- Consistently meets the quality and productivity standards for all outpatient record types in accordance with the current productivity standards and policy.
- Maintains and utilizes the appropriate work flow tools for daily work.
- Participates in the coding quality review process.
- Follows the System confidentiality and security policies.
- Begins training on outpatient surgery records once all required training is
- completed and quality/productivity standards are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent
- RHIT/A, CCA or CCS credential required
- Graduation from HIT/HIA program -OR- Certificate of completion of AHIMA Coding Basics Program and Coding Assessment and Training Solutions Program
- Successful completion of advanced outpatient coding placement assessment tool.
- Meets established productivity and quality standards for meets established coding productivity for all outpatient types, including outpatient surgery and observation accounts.
- Eligible to train on inpatient accounts once all outpatient surgery/observation training is completed (three (3) month period) and productivity and quality requirements are met for a minimum of three (3) months (if all requirements met for Level3).
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer skills and applications, including the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.