Clinical Pharmacist - Jobst Medication Therapy - Full Time
Perform clinical pharmacy duties under the direction of the Lead Clinical Pharmacist (if applicable). Clinical specialists support the development, implementation and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, appropriate cost-effective medication therapies.
1. Assists and supports the development, implementation and management of clinical pharmacy services.
2. Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners; recommends evidence-based medication therapy regimens and monitoring plans; suggests appropriate cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
3. Supports the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, policies, protocols, formulary reviews and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees.
4. Monitors medication therapy regimens for allergies, contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, drug-laboratory interactions, adverse drug reactions, appropriateness of drug and dose and therapeutic duplications.
5. Provides accurate, adequate and timely drug information to the professional staff. Provides staff and/or system education.
6. Supervises and instructs pharmacy students and pharmacy residents, if applicable.
7. Participates in antimicrobial stewardship program.
8. Prepares and presents medication use evaluations, adverse drug reaction reports, medication errors, and pharmacy interventions summary to the P&T committee.<br /> 9. Supports and participates in the pharmacy’s performance improvement activities including customer service and patient safety initiatives and documents departmental compliance.
10. Establishes productive, collaborative relationships with staff and community members.
11. Performs duties of Staff Pharmacist as needed.
12. Performs other duties as directed.
13. Performs all duties and responsibilities in an ethical and responsible manner.
14. Supports the department in providing a vision for its direction and embraces the change process to achieve the vision.
15. Fosters the culture of patient safety by using the error prevention techniques.
16. Coaches and facilitates the growth and development of employees within the department.
17. Communicates effectively orally and in writing within department as well as to all external customers.
18. Strives for continuous improvement by focusing on key department systems.
19. Participates in creating an environment for success through team participation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
Skills: PGY2 and/or five years of experience as a pharmacist in acute care hospital.
Toledo and Flower Hospitals require residency as they precept residents at those locations.
License: Pharmacist licensure in current state of practice.
- Education: Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- Certification: Board Certification recommended, BLS – Basic Life Support
- PGY-2 Clinical Pharmacist must have completed a 2nd years of pharmacy residency in specific clinical area.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift light materials. Non-material handling of continuous sitting and reaching; frequent standing; occasional squatting, kneeling, walking, and stairs. Must be able to move about and between workstations.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.