Clinical Counselor Therapist II - Peds Pulmonary / CF Clinic - Part Time - Days
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being. And we at ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children's Hospital take that pledge very seriously. We are a 151-bed facility that caters to the hospitalization needs of children and adolescents. In fact, we are the region's only hospital exclusively for children accredited by the Joint Commission. We offer a 60-bed newborn intensive care unit that has individual patient rooms designed to mimic the sheltered environment of a mother's womb. We also care for pediatric cancer patients in our state-of-the-art - yet fun and whimsical - Debbie Brass Children's Cancer Center. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
The Clinical Therapist II will be a part of the Ebeid Children's Pediatric Pulmonary/Cystic Fibrosis Clinic. This position will provide psychotherapeutic interventions for Cystic Fibrosis patients: pediatric or adult, and their families to assist in living with chronic illness. Some typical job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Screening and assessment of patients/families for mental health issues and concerns
- Develop individualized therapy/counseling based on screening, assessment and goals. Establishing referral pathways as needed.
- Provide ongoing counseling, follow up, management and evaluation of mental health care and document
- Educate patients, healthcare givers and community members about mental health
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team to implement treatment plan, attend CF Center team meetings and QI
- Masters Degree in Social Work or Counseling
- Independent Licensure as either a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Independent Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Ohio
- Two (2) years experience counseling children and families preferred
- Needs a strong ability to engage coworkers, program clients and partners in positive working relationships
- Needs strong organizational, computer and communication skills
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.