Athletic Trainer - Sports Care - Full Time - Variable
The Athletic Trainer’s primary job responsibility is to perform various sports related functions as outlined in the primary duties within the school setting and in collaboration with the sports medicine department of PPG. The Athletic Trainer may also provide School Based Outreach athletic training services. This individual provides superior customer service with the goal of exceeding the customer’s expectations.
1. Provides the athletes, coaches, and parents with education on the prevention and recognition of athletic injuries.
2. Participates in sports medicine clinic and collaborates with the physician for ongoing medical care.
3. Safeguards the health and well-being of students in athletic activities. Minimizes conditions that would otherwise limit athletic participation. Prevents injuries which have appreciably adverse effects on successful programs.
4. Accepts responsibility for the recognition of athletic injuries and refers patient to appropriate site for ongoing care.
5. Advises family members, coaches, and collaborating physicians on matters pertaining to the status of the injured athlete.
6. Maintains records of all injuries seen at the high school.
7. Accepts responsibility for patient’s personal care and collaborates with supervising physician throughout the treatment process.
8. Documents all student contacts to contribute to the continuity of care and management of sports injuries and training. Documents treatment programs and patient progress in medical record.
9. Follows established procedures and observes safety precautions.
10. Carries out positioning and reconditioning exercises.
11. Trains patients in exercises, ambulation, use of equipment and daily activities.
12. Cares for braces, prostheses, bandages, and other active assistive devices as needed.
13. Collaborates and maintains a student trainer program. Provides assistance with game and practice coverage.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or other related fields. Graduated from an accredited Athletic Trainers Program. Maintains current licensure with appropriate state Athletic Trainers Board. Maintains current membership with professional associations.
- Must keep abreast of current trends affecting athletic training through professional journals, attending seminars/workshops pertinent to area of practice and complete the required amount of continuing education units for re-licensure.
- Must be skilled in all athletic training/physical therapy related modalities, equipment, and documentation procedures.
- Must be familiar with Hospital policy, function, and procedure relative to physical therapy.
- Ability to pass competencies of the position according to the job description, evaluation, and departmental policies.
Years of Experience: 1-2 years of experience.
License: Licensed Athletic Trainer
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.