Sonographer, Registered - Cardiac Services- Non-Invasive - Full Time - Days
Sign on Bonus: $10,000
**excludes internal candidates
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Perform cardiac imaging and other non-invasive cardiology procedures as performed by the Metro department where assigned.
1. Performs cardiac sonographic imaging and all necessary functions required to complete the procedure for interpretation.
2. Interacts with cardiologist and physicians as necessary for completion of the procedure.
3. Performs cardiac stress testing on patients with complete knowledge of different stress protocols and the computerized capabilities of the equipment used to perform the test.
4. Performs holter monitors and event monitors
5. Performs outpatient EKGs.
6. Takes call for echoes and TEEs after hours (as needed for inpatient facilities).
7. Serves as a resource for other technologists, students, and hospital staff
8. Accepts shifts where assigned within the Metro Region.
9. Performs other duties as directed.
- Education: Associate degree in cardiovascular technology with a focus in cardiac imaging and/or 5 years’ experience in the field of echocardiology.
- Skills: Must be able to cope with stressful situations and handle deadlines in a demanding, fast paced medical environment. Must be competent in use of facility communication systems and equipment (e.g. phones, fax machines, etc.) Must be able to input and retrieve information from radiological or other medical equipment and computerized systems. Must be able to understand directions, communicate, and respond to inquiries. Must communicate effectively with patients and other health care professionals.
- Years of Experience: 2 years
- License: Must be registered as a diagnostic sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and must maintain active registry status. If not registered, must become registered within one year (see addendum).
- Certification: Must have CPR certification
- Education: Associate degree in cardiovascular technology with a focus in cardiac imaging
- Skills: Cardiac Sonography, Stress Testing, Holter Monitoring, Knowledge of heart rhythms
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to differentiate colors, tolerate exposure to blood borne pathogens and body fluids, and operate cardiac, ultrasound equipment, controls, machinery and desk machines.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer
- Personal Protective Equipment: Gloves, gowns and masks as needed.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to move about department and between workstations. Must be able to frequently move, lift and/or carry medium weight objects and materials.
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the positions; it should not be considered exhaustive.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.