SLP / Speech Pathologist - Flower Hospital - Per Diem - Days
ProMedica Flower Hospital is located in Sylvania OH, a suburb of Toledo, OH. Among being located in one of the area's most beautiful landscapes, Sylvania offers a high-quality lifestyle for its residents with Sylvania’s public school as one of the finest in the region, rated as “Excellent” by the state of Ohio. There are many outdoor activities to enjoy at our nationally recognized Pacesetter Park, along with music and entertainment found at Centennial Terrace and Downtown Sylvania, and the LPGA annual tournament. The Flower Hospital campus is a 311-bed facility that houses the Hickman Cancer Center, ER Trauma Center, and is the regional leader for inpatient adult psychiatric services. The campus includes, the Goerlich Center, which provides residence for patients with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, along with the Ebeid Center our hospice facility.
Develops and administers speech-language treatment programs to facilitate rehabilitation of communication, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders to maximize function and independence. Works collaboratively with patient, family members, and other team members to design treatment strategies to foster communication and function.
- Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric).
- Demonstrates competence, awareness and sensitivity of the physical, emotional and socio-psychological needs of infants through geriatics.
- Conducts communication, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing evaluations within the established time frame. Demonstrates skill in appropriate selection, administration and interpretation of standardized and non-standardized assessments using age specific criteria for each age population served.
- Develops and implements treatment plan according to a valid prescription and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Establishes a plan of care for each patient including mutually established goals, taking into account patient age and educational level. Progress toward goals will be documented and reported to the physician per departmental and applicable regulatory policy.
- Prepares and maintains accurate patient care records according to departmental protocols and demonstrate basic competency for completing accurate billing and electronic documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to utilize departmental equipment safely and appropriately for patient care activities.
Education: Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
License: Current License as Speech-Language Pathologist in State of practice
Certification: Certificate of Clinical Competence from the America Speech-Language-Hearing Association, CPR
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.