RN / Registered Nurse - Oncology - Burns and Antoniolli - Full Time
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Key member of a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the office setting. Performs at or above the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in clinical and non-clinical settings. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications to provide and support best practices/protocols, value based care, supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the Core Values of ProMedica.
1. Works closely with the provider and leadership to continually improve the patient experience though daily patient care, clerical support, ongoing projects and assumes additional duties as needed in a self-directed manner.
2. Prepares the patient for the visit by gathering base line data from the patient, documenting reasons for the visit and obtaining vitals/office testing. Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed. Anticipates and prepares the patient, clinical equipment and supplies for the visit.
3. Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations.
4. Determines potential equipment needs for clinician visit and sets up exam rooms accordingly. Skilled in assisting clinicians with treatments, dressings and other tasks.
5. Communicates effectively with patients, peers and all members of the health care team. Listens and responds to verbal and non-verbal communication of patients, families and staff members. Relates to patients in caring manner. Relates complete and pertinent information in verbal and written form appropriate to the ages of patient served. Demonstrates understanding of legal implications of charting, documents clearly and objectively all encounters with patients.
6. May be assigned Lab functions and draws.
7. Assists leadership with ordering, maintaining, and monitoring office medications.
8. Triage phone calls; coordinate care for patient with provider and other service lines/specialties. Furnish personalized health advice to the patient and provide referrals as appropriate for recommended testing or preventive counseling.
9. Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica’s core values.
Education: Graduation from accredited Nursing Program.
• Excellent organizational skills, critical thinking, attention to detail, dependable and motivated. Must be able to work autonomously.
• Working knowledge of office based regulatory requirements.
• Problem solving and critical thinking.
• Flexible with hours to meet the needs of department.
• Must be able to work through the office and hospital based electronic health records.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with medical and administrative staff and patients, excellent understanding levels of care.
Years of Experience: 1 year of relatable or equivalent experience.
License: Active Registered Nurse License in state of assigned practices.
Certification: ACLS and BLS certification.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.