RN / Registered Nurse - Cardiac Serv-Invasive - Full Time - Days
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
ProMedica Flower Hospital is located in Sylvania OH, a suburb of Toledo, OH. Among being located in one of the area's most beautiful landscapes, Sylvania offers a high-quality lifestyle for its residents with Sylvania’s public school as one of the finest in the region, rated as “Excellent” by the state of Ohio. There are many outdoor activities to enjoy at our nationally recognized Pacesetter Park, along with music and entertainment found at Centennial Terrace and Downtown Sylvania, and the LPGA annual tournament. The Flower Hospital campus is a 311-bed facility that houses the Hickman Cancer Center, ER Trauma Center, and is the regional leader for inpatient adult psychiatric services. The campus includes, the Goerlich Center, which provides residence for patients with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, along with the Ebeid Center our hospice facility.
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care provided to a group of patients. This nurse leads the nursing team members in the care as directed by the attending physician and in collaboration with other health care providers in accordance with the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Acute Care Hospitals. Actively participates in the creation of an environment that fosters patient, family, physician and employee satisfaction. Ensures decisions made are based on patient and family centered care philosophy utilizing evidenced based practices, and focused on safety, customer satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
Scope of Service: The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities</p>
• Complies with nursing process.
• Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a professional manner.
• Performs basic nursing skills competently.
• Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue corrective action.
• Engages in the changing environment and is open to new ideas.
• Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested or when the need is obvious.
• Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of the healthcare team including patients.
• Responsible for continued professional growth and development and competency.
• Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and healthcare record.
• Current State license as a Registered Nurse.
• Current CPR training.
• Specialty certifications as required.
• BSN preferred.
• The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1 hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio nurse practice code and rules.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE.
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling equipment.
• Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids.
• Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate).
• Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing. **
• Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment. **
• Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling. **
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment email@example.com/gender (including pregnancy), . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.