RN Oncology Coordinator - HOA Cancer Center - Full Time
The Registered Nurse assesses patients, coordinates the plan of care, implements orders, and evaluates the nursing care provided to oncology patients in a physician practice. This nurse leads the nursing team members in the care as directed by the attending physician/APP and in collaboration with other health care providers in accordance with the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Cancer Institute, ProMedica Physicians group, and ProMedica Outpatient Medical Oncology and Infusion Centers. Actively participates in the creation of an environment that fosters patient, family, physician, and employee satisfaction. Ensures decisions made are based on patient and family centered care philosophy utilizing evidenced based practices, and focused on safety, customer satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
Scope of Service: The Registered Nurse assesses and provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
- Education: Current State license as a Registered Nurse
- Skills: Current Basic Cardiac Life Support from America Heart Association
- License: Current State license as a Registered Nurse
- Education: Current State license as a Bachelor Prepared Registered Nurse
- Years of Experience: Preferred to have one year or greater of oncology experience
- Certification: Preferred to have OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) or will obtain as set by Leadership
1. Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities:</p>
- Complete and maintain PCI office practice oncology competencies annually
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to situations involving patients, personnel, and visitors in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment.
- Ability to critique own daily practice for error and pursue corrective action.
- Ability to deal effectively with a changing environment and be open to new ideas.
- Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested and volunteering when the need is obvious.
- Able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team in and out of the system
- Demonstrates responsibility for continued profession growth, competence, and development.
- Must be able to retrieve information from the computer.
- Specialty certifications as required
- Complete PCI Oncology Office RN Coordinator Nursing Orientation. To include:
- ONS Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy Fundamental Course
- PCI core policies
- PCI safe handling and disposal of chemotherapy waste
- My learning modules as assigned specific to ProMedica Cancer Institute and Oncology nursing at ProMedica
3. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE
- Demonstrates knowledge and use CAPR
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling equipment
4. Physical Demands:
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate).
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations, and prolonged periods of standing. **
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients with the use of safe patient handling equipment. Must also be able to move medical equipment used to care for the patient.
- Must be able to life medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling, and squatting Occasional sitting, stairs, and kneeling
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.