RN Nursing Supervisor - Home Care - Full Time - Days
Responsible for the supervision, orientation, instruction and on-going evaluation of all patient care staff who are engaged in the delivery of care. The Patient Care Manager assures compliance with agency policies and procedures, state and federal laws, regulations and accreditation standards. This position will have a focus on the Referral to admission process
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees admission process
- Delegates and assigns the patient/family to appropriate staff and team members, ensuring highest quality of care.
- Visits patients and families as needed.
- Performs work flow within Home Care Home Base as needed
- Participates in Administrative on-call.
- Supervises the staff responsible for patient care and provides assistance with development, implementation and
- evaluation of plans of care.
- Schedules, maintains and facilitates interdisciplinary team meetings for continual updating of patient care plans,
- exchange of information and problem solving.
- Develops and promotes programs for continuing staff support, in-service and education.
- Implement and monitor compliance with rules and regulations of Federal and State regulatory agencies and
- accreditation requirements, and policies & procedures of agency.</li>
- Assures complete and accurate documentation in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Interviews, hires and provides orientation and training for the staff.
- Provides staff performance evaluations/counseling/implementing appropriate disciplinary action of employees.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate per supervisor.
- Evaluates employees on-site as required per policy.
- Participates in on-call coverage.
- Monitors direct patient care costs and implements staff education to deliver cost effective, high quality and
- appropriate care to patients/families.
- May serve on Quality Assurance Performance Improvement and Safety Committee.
- Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources & educating the</li>
- community to our services.
- Willingly takes direction from Administrator/Director
- Holds team accountable to productivity standards
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in state which he/she practices.
- Demonstrates problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Ability to manage patient care with specific knowledge and experience in bedside nursing, symptom
- management, crisis intervention and family intervention.
- Demonstrated management ability with an interdisciplinary team/group and other health care providers.
- Excellent skills in:
- communication both verbal and written
- interpersonal relations
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the patient, families, and staff.
- Minimum of one year experience in home health care, or hospice nursing preferred, may be specified by state.
- Previous management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Home Care or Hospice Conditions of Participation
- Physical Demands
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Walking,
- standing, talking, hearing, pushing, fingering, reaching, seeing, stooping, smelling, depth perception, color vision,
- Necessary 50%. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
- Office/Facilities and patients home
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive
- Must be flexible to accommodate completion of tasks, meet patient’s needs and referrals.
- Field staff, patients, families, physicians and community health care providers, office staff.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit health and well-being organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 49,000 employees, 12 hospitals, 2,500+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 1,000+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace.
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.