RN Clinical Liaison - Hospice- Full time - Days
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Serves as a liaison and resource to discharge planning, care navigators, and other providers regarding patient care continuity needs appropriate to hospice care. Responsible for developing relationships with referral sources including hospital discharge planners, facility social workers and physician office staff. Facilitate referrals to hospice services that promotes a safe and smooth transition home from facility/hospital settings or upon referral from the physician office. As a member of the Hospice team, provides coordination of care across health care settings in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients referred for hospice care.
- Acts as a liaison and resource to discharge planning, care navigators and other providers to facilitate the flow of communication of patient information between referral sources and central intake office. Able to access information using the ECIN system following agency processes and procedures.
- Meets with patients in facilities upon notification of hospice referral to coordinate needed home care services, DME, infusion supplies, etc. as needed.
- Identify the necessary demographic and service related data. Reviews community referral form for accuracy and clarification of ordered services as needed. Establishes primary physician prior to referral acceptance.
- Provides resource to other providers caring for patients with home care, hospice and end of life needs to better identify need for services accurately and timely.
- As a member of the Hospice team, provides nursing assessment, planning and coordination of care across health care settings in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients referred for home care/hospice.
- Provides high standard of holistic care encompassing physical, psychological, and spiritual care utilizing the nursing process
- Promotes effective communication with other services involved in patient and family care.
- Supports other members of the Home Care/Hospice team with plans to improve symptom management and address quality of life concerns.
- Participates in planning for post-acute care.
- Demonstrates respect for patient views and values at end of life.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately to all customers. Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Introduces self to customers and elicits information in pleasant and reassuring manner.
- Responds to inquiries appropriately.
- Adheres to policy on professional appearance.
- Is courteous and professional in all interactions
- Provides leadership in the community. Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of ProMedica Home Care and Hospice as a high quality provider of services in all care settings.
- Demonstrates organizational skills to effectively manage referrals.
- Re-organizes/prioritizes as dictated by changing situation, demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changes of pace.
- Plans and organizes time to complete work.
- Provides direct care to patients and families as needed to support the hospice team, acting in the Case Manager role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Ohio and Michigan. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Requires minimum of 1 year recent acute care or home care experience. Critical care, hospice care, or home care clinical experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, organization and problem solving abilities.
- Strong customer service and team orientation essential.
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries.
- Must be willing to work with computerized documentation system.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve met a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.