Registered Polysomn Tech - Sleep Disorders Center - Full Time - Nights
Sign On Bonus: $6,000
ProMedica Flower Hospital is located in Sylvania OH, a suburb of Toledo, OH. Among being located in one of the area's most beautiful landscapes, Sylvania offers a high-quality lifestyle for its residents with Sylvania’s public school as one of the finest in the region, rated as “Excellent” by the state of Ohio. There are many outdoor activities to enjoy at our nationally recognized Pacesetter Park, along with music and entertainment found at Centennial Terrace and Downtown Sylvania, and the LPGA annual tournament. The Flower Hospital campus is a 311-bed facility that houses the Hickman Cancer Center, ER Trauma Center, and is the regional leader for inpatient adult psychiatric services. The campus includes, the Goerlich Center, which provides residence for patients with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, along with the Ebeid Center our hospice facility.
A Polysomnographic Technologist works under the general supervision of the clinical director (MD) or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education. A Polysomnographic Technologist can perform the duties defined for a Polysomnographic Staff Technician and may provide supervision of other staff.
1. Provides age-appropriate care to all children, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients/clients/families served in a manner that embodies body, mind, and spirit
2. Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all aspects of care. Makes modifications in patient care based on evaluation and continuing assessments.
3. Performs all interventions/procedures within job scope and specific field of specialty in accordance with standards of care, policies & procedures, regulatory guidelines, and role specific competencies specifically: Routine, non-routine and complex recordings such as CPAP, Bi-level, split night studies, seizure studies, REM behavior studies, MSLT testing, scoring all records, routine PSG recordings & Oxygen Titrations.</p>
4. Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through. Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality.
5. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum.
6. Initiates emergency care as necessary and maintains BCLS. Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies. Acquires 10 CEU’s per year or 50 CEU’s over a period of 5 years. Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to the growth of others.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Skills: Demonstrates skills for solving problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may not always exist. Demonstrates skills for measurement, calculations, reading charts, graphs, and scoring. Demonstrates critical reasoning skills in order to make safe judgments, evaluate relevancy of data for critical decision making, identify needs for changes in customer and work related issues, integrate and apply theory to practice (i.e., identify needs, establish goals, select appropriate interventions and evaluate outcomes). Employee must demonstrate ability to: Read, Write, interpret data, and possess basic computer skills. Employees must be able to communicate effectively in both interpersonal and group settings, to interact with other employees, physicians, supervisors, volunteers, customers, visitors, students, and members of the public. Employees must possess the emotional health required for full utilization of their intellectual abilities, the exercise of good judgment and prompt completion of all employment responsibilities. The role of all employees require flexibility, compassion, integrity, motivation, interpersonal skills, concern for other and the ability to function in periodic stress inherent in health care settings.
- Years of Experience: At least 12 months experience in Polysomnography.
- License: If not Registered Polysomnographic Technologist, Registration may be obtained in one of the following ways:
- Completes the A-Step online modules
- Completes a CAAHCP accredited Sleep Training Program
- Completes an Electro Neuro Diagnostic Program
- Completes a Respiratory Therapy add-on Track for Sleep Technology
- RPSGT – Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
- Certification: BCLS at time of hire.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.