Registered Dietitian - Radiation Oncology - Full Time - Days
Provides oncology medical nutrition therapy (OMNT) and evaluates effectiveness of treatments. Performs assessment of nutritional status, development of nutrition care plans and provision of nutrition counseling and education.
1. Assesses patients for nutritional status and re-evaluate nutrition risk throughout treatment course. Provides interventions/treatments including diet therapy, counseling or specialized nutrition supplements. Provides nutrition counseling and/or education to patients and/or caregivers based on assessment of individual learning needs.
2. Possess and maintain a clinical understanding of metabolism in relation to clinical nutrition; knowledge of food chemistry, macro/micro nutrient composition of foods, and digestion. Demonstrate a high level of analytical skills to interpret laboratory data, identify, plan, and assess diet plans and their physiologic effect.
3. Monitors tolerance and effectiveness of nutritional regimen and recommends therapy adjustments as necessary. Provides OMNT and evaluates effectiveness of treatments.
4. Collaborates with physicians, nursing and ancillary services such as speech pathology or physical therapy. Serves as a resource to dietary department dietitians for OMNT as needed.
5. Provides a variety of education materials and approaches to individualize OMNT and symptom management to accommodate any patient barriers to learning. When applicable, provides community education, including committee participation, community events and outreach initiatives, public speaking and student learning opportunities. Ensures education is updated as needed.
6. Maintains dietary supplies applicable.
7. Researches and takes initiatives to resolve nutrition care related complaints and problems.
8. Performs other duties as directed.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in food and nutrition or dietetics
Skills: Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Years of Experience: Registered Dietitian with 3 years minimum experience
License: Must hold a valid, Dietetics License (LD - Licensed Dietitian) from the State of Ohio, or show proof of application for license and obtain such license within 30 days if from out of state.
Certification: Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Registration from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (RDN)
Education: Master’s Degree in Nutrition
Years of Experience: Oncology/ Hematology experience
License: Dietetics License (LD - Licensed Dietitian)
Certification: Oncology Nutrition Certification (CSO)
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.