Ophthalmic Technician - Certified/Non Certified - Sylvania Eye Care - Full Time
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region’s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
Assist physician with patient examination and treatment, responsible for patient histories, routine diagnostic procedures, as well as some clerical duties. Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist physician and medical office personnel.
- Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Review patient’s chart prior to exam to anticipate procedures and supplies or equipment that may be needed.
- Obtain patient history, update medications and medical procedures. Perform testing prior to physician exam including but not limited to visual acuity, IOP measurement, visual field testing, OCT, PAM, K readings and refractions.
- Administer drops and therapeutic in-office medications as instructed by physician.
- Instruct patients both verbally and with written instructions regarding medications and treatment. Answer patient questions and follow up with patient as needed.
- Follows up with pharmacies with renewals and prior authorizations as instructed by physician.
- Escorts patients from exam room to appropriate area (ie: reception area, dilating room, additional testing or scheduling).
- Clean and sterilize equipment and maintain autoclave in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain and stock all exam rooms.
- Ensures route slips are complete and accurate
- May function at front desk, answer phones and make appointments.
- May function as a Medical Scribe. Must follow Medical Scribe policy SP17-14 while functioning in this role
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate/GED.
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and superior patient experience.
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to move about the practice/department and between workstations.
- Must be able to occasionally push or lift medium to heavy equipment, supplies, and patients
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.