LPN, Home Care - Nursing - Full Time - Days
Responsible for the delivery of skilled nursing care and supportive services within the scope of the nurse’s education and experience, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, and in compliance with Heartland Corporate Standards and local, state and federal laws, and in an institutional setting, within the policies and procedures of that institution. Supplements nursing care of patients under direct supervision of Registered Nurse.
Essential Job Functions
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or is a logical assignment of the position.
- Ensure growth and profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources and educating the community to our services.
- Assist in developing and implementing a realistic, goal-oriented plan of care.
- Participate in on-going patient assessment, including patient response to treatment, under Director of Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator, and/or RN Case Manager supervision.
- Provide appropriate health care teaching under the direction of the Director of Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator, and/or RN Case Manager, including self-care techniques.
- Communicate with office staff and patient’s physician under the direction of the Director of Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator, or RN Case Manager.
- Documents skilled care on clinical progress notes, according to company policy. Provides all documentation to the office on a timely basis.
- Assists with orientation of new employees, as requested.
- Maintain liaison between Heartland and the patient.
- Promote a safe environment while providing appropriate goal-oriented care.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain compatibility with other assigned health care workers as well as patient and family.
- Must be able to provide prescribed exercises, assist patient with transfer/ambulation; this may include 100% of transfer of patient, if necessary, using good body mechanics.
- Carry out assignment according to policies and procedures of Heartland and in a manner that reflects appropriate company standards.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain liaison with the community’s health-and health-related resources.
- General Responsibilities - continued
- Performs nursing treatments and procedures, prepares and administers medications, follows aseptic technique, may include assisting Registered Nurse in performing specialized duties. Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate patient care, exchange information and problem solve, and receive staff support and inservice education as appropriate.
- Willingly accepts direction from RN Case Manager, Patient Care Coordinator, Assistant Patient Care Coordinator, Director of Professional Services and Administrator.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
- Keeps RN Case Manager informed of patient response to care.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate.
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Currently registered/ licensed in the state(s) in which he/she will practice and in good standing with the Board.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the patient and family
- A minimum of six months (institutional nursing experience within the past five years. Evidence of successful completion of a refresher program can be accepted in lieu of this recent experience requirement. *Institutional setting only: home care setting only
- Primarily medium in nature with exerting up to 35 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body; involves sitting, walking, standing, driving, talking, hearing, reaching. Is physically capable of performing job related duties including lifting of patients.
- 100% necessary on a daily basis
- Client’s home/ living facilities
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive patients.
- Registered Nurse, Home Health Aide, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Therapy Assistant, Patient Care Coordinator, patients and families
- Must be flexible to accommodate completion of tasks, patient needs and referrals.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.