HIM Coordinator III - HIM Operations - Part Time- Days
The HIM- Coordinator III- Record Management - performs a variety of functions in the Health Information Management department in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring the timeliness, accuracy, integrity, and reliability of data and information created for all patients treated within ProMedica. Performs chart processing, chart pick up of documents, prepping documents for scanning, verifying the quality of the scanning and indexing the documents as needed. Works in conjunction with other departments, physician offices and hospitals as the liaison between ProMedica and record storage vendors. Promotes positive customer relations through prompt and courteous service in this fast-paced, high volume and customer focused environment. Occasional travel between facilities is required.
- Retrieve and deliver patient information in support of patient care, ensuring prompt service at all times. Ensure each medical record document is correctly identified and labeled with the patient’s name, medical record number and account number; take action when the information is not correct.
- Prepare Documents for imaging meeting established quality and productivity standards
- Scan documents into the imaging system utilizing all types of scanning equipment, meeting established quality and productivity standards.
- Electronically index documents in the imaging system meeting established quality and productivity standards
- Ensures record retrieval and storage processes, coordinating with off-site storage locations and storage vendors; effectively coordinates access to records located in various areas within the organization in support of operations. Interacts with multiple levels, departments, and external individuals.
- Prepare scanned documents and other department records for off-site storage (Iron Mountain) ensuring that boxes are correctly labeled according to policy and procedure. Maintains record storage areas so the folders and/or boxes are neat, orderly, and accessible
- Organizes and maintains all record storage databases. Serves as the liaison for all authorized users associated with record retrieval and storage.
- Maintain current knowledge of proper retention or disposition of records consistent with the agency/organization policies and procedures.
- Answers incoming calls and interacts in person with internal and external customers. Process request according to policy and procedure
- Monitor office equipment, i.e. scanner, copier, fax, printers, to ensure that they have adequate supplies, are reproducing quality documents and are in good working order at all times: report problems in a timely manner to the appropriate department.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Graduate
Skills: Medical Terminology, Demonstrated typing competency 40 wpm, Must maintain knowledge of current Health information technology and healthcare trends, Must possess good organizational and priority setting skills and exercise independent judgment with minimal guidance and supervision, Must be able to move about facilities, between workstations and occasional travel between department satellite locations, Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective self-motivation and interpersonal skills.
Years of Experience: 4 years Healthcare experience required
Education: Associate Degree in health information Technology or related field preferred
Years of Experience: N/A
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.