HIM Coordinator I - HIM Operations - Part Time - Days
The HIM Coordinator answers incoming calls and interacts in person with internal and external customers. Process requests for health information/medical records for continuing care requests; Performs customer service duties and greets customers in a professional and friendly manner, projecting positive image. Verify the quality of the scanning and indexing of documents as needed. Occasional travel between facilities is required.
- HS graduate or equivalent required
- 1 year health care experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Demonstrated typing competency 40 WPM
- Ability to multi-task and work well in high-stress situations
- Must possess good organizational and priority setting skills and exercise independent judgment with minimal guidance and supervision
- Must be able to move about facilities ,between workstations and occasional travel between department satellite locations
- Must be able to occasionally move, lift and/or carry medium weight objects and materials weighing 30lbs
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective self-motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer
- Must maintain knowledge of current Health information technology and healthcare trend
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.