Senior Medical Assistant / MA - Urgent Care-Oregon - Full Time - Variable
Under the direction of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner and/or Office Manager, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing quality patient care and to assisting physicians with procedures necessary for diagnosis, which is based on the philosophy of the Community Health Center and Department of Nursing Services. Responsible for vital signs, injections and venipunctures. Documentation, referrals and clerical duties including reports, statistics, phones, filing, scheduling, and the front desk. May be required to relieve in other clinics.
Functioning as a team member within a patient-centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the practice setting. Able to navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications proficiently and effectively. Renders direct patient care services under supervision, demonstrating ProMedica’s values to the patient.
- Achiever 10
- Relationship expertise 9
- Independent 9
- Problem solver 9
- Quick thinking 9
- Focused 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region’s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
Demonstrates exceptional clinical knowledge and judgment as well as ability to perform technical skills appropriate to the needs of the practice. Driver of a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the office setting. Performs at or above the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in clinical and non-clinical settings. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications to provide and support best practices/protocols, value based care, supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the core values of ProMedica.
- Works closely with the provider and leadership to continually improve the patient experience though daily patient care, clerical support, ongoing projects and assumes additional duties as needed in a self-directed manner.
- Prepares the patient for the visit by gathering base line data from the patient, documenting reasons for the visit and obtaining vitals/office testing. Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
- Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations. Determines potential equipment needs for clinician visit and sets up exam rooms accordingly. Is skilled in assisting clinicians with treatments, dressings and other tasks
- Communicates effectively with patients, peers and all members of the health care team. Listens and responds to verbal and non-verbal communication of patients, families and staff members.
- Relates to patients in caring manner. Relates complete and pertinent information in verbal and written form appropriate to the ages of patient served. Demonstrates understanding of legal implications of charting, documents clearly and objectively all encounters with patients.
- Within scope of Medical Assistant, demonstrates exemplary clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
- Acts as a resource/role model by coaching, supporting and motivating members of the Medical Assistant and Patient Service Coordinator team. Assists others in completing tasks as needed.
- May be assigned to acts as one of the primary trainers for new Medical Assistants and office team members. Assists leadership in developing individualized plans for training and development as well as competency sign-off.
- May be assigned Lab functions and draws.
- Assists leadership with ordering, maintaining, and monitoring office medications.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica’s core values.
- Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized MA program at an accredited college or university or possess equivalent experience.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and superior patient experience.
- Able to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Registration or Certification as a Medical Assistant through accredited body; or active license from applicable state as an LPN required.
- Or obtain licensure/certification within 90 days of hire
- BLS (CPR), must present a current BLS course card from the AHA at time of employment
- Or obtain certification within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to move about the practice/department and between workstations.
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to occasionally push or lift medium to heavy equipment, supplies and patients.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
ProMedica put me on the right track and showed me how the medical world and the latest technologies are working together to give the patients a better health care system. I am happy and lucky to be part of the ProMedica healthcare system team. ~Tarif
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.