Phlebotomist - Bay Park Hospital - Per Diem
Performs all core functions within the phlebotomy section of the laboratory.
- Collects products or specimens for basic procedures and performs point-of-care testing using proper techniques.
- Follows strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis. Assists in the care of the patient prior to, during and after specimen collection.
- Determines, from like samples, combinations of tests and the associated acceptable minimum volumes. Knowledgeable of pre-analytic variables, which may affect specimen analysis. Familiar with test synonyms and abbreviations, and cross-referencing tests to specimen types.
- Utilizes laboratory computer information system to include all work aides and shortcuts within the system. Utilizes quality assurance data to enhance the services rendered by the section. Recommends changes in procedures to address quality issues and provide customer satisfaction.
- Performs and documents quality control procedures. Utilizes laboratory computer information system.
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control. Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies by attending mandatory in-services and continuing laboratory education and participating in continuous quality improvement. Maintains and upgrades personal professional development.
- Performs, routinely, difficult specimen collections, such as re-draws and misses.
- Maintains appropriate par levels and organizes supplies and equipment in work areas as assigned. Notifies appropriate associate when re-order levels are reached and equipment needs to be repaired.
- Assists in the training new associates or students.
- As needed performs all pre-analytic tasks associated with sample preparation including, but not limited to, centrifugation, decanting, specimen distribution, and specimen packaging.
- Performs patient registration, maintains Standing Order renewals and
- Performs other clerical duties as needed.
- Documents any changes in orders, reasons for cancellation or change in demographics.
- Performs other duties as directed or assigned
Mobile Phlebotomist Addendum
- Performs the essential duties of a Phlebotomist.
- Has completed function specific HIPAA training.
- Follows the guidelines of the home draw area in respect to drawing patients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicates with coworkers any information needed to perform their job efficiently.
- Calls the patient the night before to schedule draw within a two hour time frame.
- Keeps vehicle properly maintained and clean. Keeps current with oil changes, recalls, and other mandatory inspections.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Completion of a formal phlebotomy training program or documented phlebotomy experience (Ex. Venipunctures, Experience with Effective Puncture Techniques, Blood Draws).
- Professional registration preferred.
- Must be able to continuously move about department and between workstations.
- Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries. Requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens, blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
- Must be able to move, lift or carry materials or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs., up to 10% of the time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment firstname.lastname@example.org/gender (including pregnancy), . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.