MA / Medical Assistant - Neurology-Hasan - Full Time
Under the direction of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner and/or Office Manager, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing quality patient care and to assisting physicians with procedures necessary for diagnosis, which is based on the philosophy of the Community Health Center and Department of Nursing Services. Responsible for vital signs, injections and venipunctures. Documentation, referrals and clerical duties including reports, statistics, phones, filing, scheduling, and the front desk. May be required to relieve in other clinics.
Functioning as a team member within a patient-centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the practice setting. Able to navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications proficiently and effectively. Renders direct patient care services under supervision, demonstrating ProMedica’s values to the patient.
- Achiever 10
- Relationship expertise 9
- Independent 9
- Problem solver 9
- Quick thinking 9
- Focused 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region’s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
Functioning as a team member within a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the practice setting. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications. Renders direct patient care services under supervision demonstrating ProMedica’s values to the patient.
1. Reports for scheduled shifts on time and in a professional manner with regard to behavior, telephone courtesy, dress, identification, and communication with patients’ colleagues, and outside agencies.
2. Works closely with the provider and leadership to continually improve the patient experience though daily patient care, clerical support, ongoing projects and assumes additional duties as needed in a self-directed manner.
3. Prepares the patient for the visit by taking vital signs, documenting and order entry within the EPIC system, arranging and coordinating support and ancillary services for patient care, preparing patient rooms for visits, stocking exam rooms, preparing schedules, and providing general support to the providers and patients. Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
4. Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations.
5. May support a variety of clerical office functions including calls, documentation, scanning, etc.
6. Within scope of Medical Assistant, demonstrates clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
7. Supports internal and external customers, to maintain a superior customer experience across the continuum of care through teamwork. Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and co-workers at all times. Actively participates and is engaged in staff meetings.
8. Collaborates with leadership and other staff to recommend changes to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of patient care.
9. Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica’s core values.
Education: Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
• Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and superior patient experience.
• Able to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
Certification: BLS (CPR), must present a current BLS course card from the AHA at time of employment or obtain certification within 90 days of hire
Education: Completion of a recognized MA program at an accredited college or university.
Years of Experience: 1+ years experience in direct patient care preferred.
Certification: Applicable medical certification preferred (MA, EMT, STNA, etc…)
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment firstname.lastname@example.org/gender (including pregnancy), . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
ProMedica put me on the right track and showed me how the medical world and the latest technologies are working together to give the patients a better health care system. I am happy and lucky to be part of the ProMedica healthcare system team. ~Tarif
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.