CST / Certified Surgical Technician - Surgery - Full Time - Days
ProMedica Bay Park Hospital caters to communities east of the Maumee River. Our campus includes a state-of-the-art community hospital with 91 private beds and a professional office building dedicated to doctors' offices and outpatient rehabilitation, as well as a treatment and diagnostic center. The hospital itself was designed with patient comfort and healing in mind, with wider hallways, single-patient rooms and an abundance of natural light.
Functions as a member of the surgical team performing assigned duties of the technologist in the scrub role. Applies knowledge of concepts necessary for maintain integrity of the sterile field. Serves the following populations: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
1. Demonstrates proficiency in proper scrub technique and the handling of instruments, supplies and equipment for the assigned cases following department policies and procedures and job description. Demonstrates age related competency in the scrub role for the following age populations: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
2. Utilizes preference lists, in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology, departmental policies and procedures and the patient’s age related needs in preparing for and carrying out case responsibilities. Shares responsibilities with the clinical nurse for keeping preference cards current.
3. Maintains integrity of the sterile field by utilizing aseptic techniques and observation of the surgical team. Promptly addresses any observed breaks in sterile technique.
4. Collaborates with the circulating nurse to effect accurate sponge, instrument and sharp counts as per departmental guideline.
5. Checks daily schedule to maintain proper supply of instruments, set-ups, and supplies specific to patient’s age and physician preferences. Assists other personnel with procedures.
6. Participates in the process of orientation of new employees and students to the scrub role. Acts as a role model and resource person for staff and students.
7. Maintains certification according to professional requirements and presents proof of certification to the Service Coordinator.
8. Serves as a liaison between co-workers and other departments demonstrating good guest relations with physicians, patients, and other staff. Functions as a cooperative and supportive member of the surgery department staff.
9. Maintains understanding of departmental goals and objectives and works with co-workers and management to obtain goals and objectives.
10. Performs other duties as directed.
Education: Must be high school graduate or equivalent. Must be a graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program.
Skills: Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
Certification: Certification by the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST) or certification from NCCT required. CPR required.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.