Telemetry Monitor Technician - Emergency Services - Per Diem - Variable
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services in southern Michigan and Ohio. A national leader in treatment of heart attack, congestive heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care, ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is also a pacesetter in Michigan for obstetrics, emergency care, intensive care, controlling infections and organ donation.
Under general supervision of the manager of the unit, but according to established policies and procedures, the Monitor Technician observes, recognizes and interprets EKG components; documents monitor strips including any changes every shift; calculates rates, PR intervals, QRS intervals. Performs many duties including clerical functions to assist in the flow of patient medical records, tests and performs acts as liaison communicator between all nursing personnel, and performs other duties as assigned to ensure smooth flow of patient care.
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent
- Must successfully complete hospital dysrhythmia course with 85% passing grade.
- Prefer experience with computer order entry and knowledge of medical/technical terms.
- Current BCLS and/or obtains and maintains Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training unit specific.
- One to three months on-the-job training to become familiar with nursing units, policies, procedures and the like.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.