Support Coordinator III - Wound Care - Part Time - Days
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services in southern Michigan and Ohio. A national leader in treatment of heart attack, congestive heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care, ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is also a pacesetter in Michigan for obstetrics, emergency care, intensive care, controlling infections and organ donation.
ProMedica is a locally-owned, nonprofit health system providing quality health care services to 27 counties in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We’re a network of hospitals, physicians, health care professionals, researchers, and specialty clinics and facilities. We offer a full range of diagnostic, medical, and surgical specialties in areas such as emergency medicine and trauma, heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, women’s services, and children’s services.
Assists the department through the performance of routine secretarial and clerical duties.
- Greets visitors and patients
- Takes and prepares new patient orders, obtains and processes registration information, and facilitates insurance pre-certification when indicated.
- Pulls patient charts in response to daily treatment schedule. Phones all patients with missed treatments to ascertain records and make further appointments.
- Generates daily billing sheets and completes daily computerized billing
- Answers and directs incoming phone calls: opens and routes mail
- Maintain monthly department statistics. Generates or assists in the preparation of monthly department productivity report.
- Prepares insurance usage report on all patients with Paramount coverage
- Performs general office typing, filing, etc
- Orders and maintains inventory of general office supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer and type 50 wpm: and operate keyboard, telephone and copiers.
- Occasionally must be able to move, lift and/or carry light equipment and materials.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills
- Operate copy machine
- Basic math
- Compile statistics
- Excellent communication skills in person and/or via phone
- Establish/maintain filing systems
- Knowledge of basic computer software
- Maintain departmental logs
- Compose letters/documents
Education and Experience:
- High School education or equivalent.
- 1-2 years prior experience as secretary
- Specialized training in secretarial procedures
- Experience in hospital/healthcare environment.
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it should not be considered exhaustive.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.