Sonographer, Registered - Ultrasound - Per Diem - Variable
Under the direction of a Radiologist and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations with independent judgement, initiative, and ingenuity. Such imaging is performed on internal organs, tissues, and/or blood vessels in order to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of illness and injuries.
- Independently performs Ultrasound procedures in an efficient, productive manner while following established protocols using gray scale, color flow, power Doppler and duplex while ensuring highest possible technical quality.
- Maintains proficiency in the utilization of all diagnostic ultrasound systems and the performance of all technical procedures. Maintains and documents quality control and calibration of ultrasound systems. Checks equipment and ensures safe, efficient operating conditions and reports all equipment malfunctions. Utilizes all computerized Radiology Information Systems. (EPIC, PACS, etc.) in appropriate, accurate manner.
- Demonstrates a high level of care, courtesy, and cooperation. Educates patients about their procedure and ensures patients and their families’ comfort and needs are appropriately addressed in a dignified, confidential manner.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in imaging procedures on patients of all ages including neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. Demonstrates ability to differentiate artifacts from normal or pathological processes, to recognize electronic equipment limitations, and to evaluate a diagnostic scan.
- Assists physicians in physician-performed ultrasound guided procedures while maintaining a sterile environment. Assists with training/education/evaluation of student/new sonographers.
- Ensures that patient care and staff work areas are clean, orderly, and appropriately stocked. Maintains cleanliness of equipment and work area and assures that transducers are appropriately cleaned/ disinfected and stored properly. Demonstrates awareness of safety standards for self and assigned area.
- Required to take call on a rotational schedule; may be required to work off shift, weekends, and/or off site. Performs miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned or requested. Including, but not limited to, filing, answering phones, calling reports, transporting patients, burning discs, etc.
- Performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Education: Must have attended an approved school of diagnostic ultrasound or have the equivalent experience accepted by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Skills: Must be able to cope with stressful situations and handle deadlines in a demanding, fast paced medical environment. Must be competent in use of facility communication systems and equipment (e.g. phones, fax machines, etc.) Must be able to input and retrieve information from radiological or other medical equipment and computerized systems. Must be able to understand directions, communicate, and respond to inquiries. Must communicate effectively with patients and other health care professionals.
- License: Must be registered as a diagnostic sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and must maintain active registry status. If not registered, must become registered within one year (see addendum).
- Certification: Must have CPR certification
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.