Social Worker - Behavioral Health - Monroe - Full Time
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, the Outpatient Therapist assumes responsibility for outpatient therapy services in an outpatient behavioral health program. The Outpatient Therapist is responsible for delivery of direct and indirect service units consistent with qualitative and quantitative performance goals and standards established for short term outpatient services. Works closely and collaboratively with the office administrator, director of clinical services, physicians, multidisciplinary treatment team members, and ancillary staff.
- Education: Master’s in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology
- Skills: Knowledge of mental health and/or substance abuse treatment, methods, and interventions, and relevant legal regulations.
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience in a setting serving patients with mental health concerns
- License: Licensed in the State of Michigan or Ohio to practice within their designated discipline
For staff serving individuals with a substance abuse only diagnosis, two years experience in substance abuse setting, or passing or obtaining of CAADC or CADC in Michigan and LCDC II, LCDC III or the LICDC for Ohio.
Interpersonal skills and continued competency to counsel the patients they serve from the following groups: (pediatric--3-11 years; adolescent--12-17 years; adult 18-64 years; geriatric--64 years and above) with psychological, emotional, and social disorders and their families and to deal effectively with outside organizations.
- Physical Demands: Must have physical ability to move from work area to another, to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time; ability to initiate and/or participate in physical intervention when necessary to prevent patients from harming themselves or others; to lift, position, transport, or assist patients as needed for their care.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.