RN / Registered Nurse - PPG - Cardiology - Full Time
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Key member of a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the office setting. Performs at or above the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in clinical and non-clinical settings. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications to provide and support best practices/protocols, value based care, supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the Core Values of ProMedica.
- Anticipates and prepares the patient, clinical equipment and supplies for the visit.
- Prepares the patient for the visit by assessing base line data from the patient, documenting reasons for the visit and obtaining vitals/office testing.
- Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
- Supervises other clinical staff as appropriate.
- provides excellent patient service by documenting information accurately, promptly and legibly in order to meet regulatory requirements. Utilizes medical charts, forms, practice management systems and all forms of electronic communication efficiently.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls and all forms of communication. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
- Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and co-workers at all times.
- Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations.
- Supports internal and external customers, to maintain a superior customer experience across the continuum of care through teamwork.
- Demonstrates stewardship of practice finances through efficient utilization of practice resources such as medical supplies, office supplies and time management.
- Actively participates and engaged in staff meetings. May function as a Medical Scribe. Must follow System Policy SP17-14 while functioning in this role.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support core values.
- Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized Registered Nurse (RN) program at an accredited college or university.
- Must possess current active state RN license.
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and superior patient experience.
- Must be able to move about the practice/department and between workstations.
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquires; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgement in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to occasionally push or lift medium to heavy equipment, supplies, and patients.
- Must maintain and have current Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.