RN / Registered Nurse - Charge Nurse - Critical Care Unit - Full Time - Nights
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
ProMedica is a locally-owned, nonprofit health system providing quality health care services to 27 counties in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We’re a network of hospitals, physicians, health care professionals, researchers, and specialty clinics and facilities. We offer a full range of diagnostic, medical, and surgical specialties in areas such as emergency medicine and trauma, heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, women’s services, and children’s services.
Under direction and according to established policies and procedures, the RN - Charge Nurse, ensures provision of quality patient care, coordinates the duties of the assigned shift, and communicates with other health care personnel having an impact on patient care. As a leader and role model demonstrates behavior that supports management and administration in the achievement of goals and objectives set by the organizational strategic plan while providing exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program and possess a registered nurse license in the State of Michigan.
- Must have BCLS and ACLS certification.
- Current annual requirements of CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) as indicated by unit requirement , N-95, PPD, net learning as indicated by unit.
- Basic computer skills such as hospital patient care systems, word, excel or the ability to learn such.
- Must have at least 2 years nursing experience, preferably medical/surgical nursing, which should include demonstrated management ability.
- Must possess leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue and perform leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
- Must have Clinical expertise, theoretical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to perform principle duties and responsibilities. Utilizes creative thinking, is self-directed and utilizes problem-solving and decision-making abilities and skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal calmly and effectively with multiple activities involved in the operation of the unit.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.