RN / Registered Nurse - Admissions - Hospice - per diem - Nights
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Within scope of practice, coordinates input of admission evaluations, assessments and/or care plan process data. Maintains compliance in accordance with current practice standards, physician’s orders, agency policies and procedures, and local, state and federal regulations. This position is also accountable for the delivery of professional nursing services, within the scope of the professional’s education and experience, in compliance with ProMedica Hospice corporate standards, federal and state laws.
• Perform and/or review admission evaluation and assessment data documentation for completeness and accuracy.
• Make home visits to admit patient to ProMedica Hospice including accurate completion of required documentation, consents and comprehensive assessment.
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of paperwork.
• Monitor the comprehensive assessment and admission process and ensure documentation is completed accurately and within the required time frames.
• Troubleshoot and assist with reporting issues as it relates to the admission process.
• Ensure timely submission of completed admission assessments with proper follow-up on errors.
• Assist and/or participate in the care planning process
• Participate and assist in the referral process to ancillary services. Assist in evaluating needs of each patient .
• Participate in the internal clinical record review process
• Adheres to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
• Willingly accepts direction from Admission Director , Director of Professional Services and Administrator
• Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
• Ensure growth and profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources and educating the community to our services.
• Adheres to established personnel policies.
• Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate.
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in good standing in the state(s) in which he/she will practice.
• Registered Nurse with minimum one year experience in providing home health or hospice nursing preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication; excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care provider.
• Ability to form relationships and maintain rapport with patients, families, and referral sources.
• Must have an empathetic attitude toward the sick, elderly, handicapped, terminal, dependent or disabled patient in the home setting.
• Primarily medium in nature with exerting up to 35 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body; involves sitting, walking, standing, driving, talking, hearing, reaching, smelling, touching,
stooping, fingering, depth perception, color vision, driving. Is physically capable of performing the job-related duties including lifting of patients.
• Necessary on a daily basis, 50-75%. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary
• Patient’s home/living facilities/office.
• Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive patients
• Must be flexible to accommodate completion of tasks meet patient needs and referrals.
• Director of Professional Services, Administrator, patients, families, nursing staff.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve met a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.